DEGEN LONE STAR QUILT PATTERN
I got such great response on my quilt process and how-to videos for this quilt that I decided to make it a pattern for download!
Pattern includes illustrations, instructions, and templates needed to create the quilt. I made this quilt out of scraps I had and 1 bed sheet. If you are a fabric hoarder of any level you probably have enough for the star. See bottom of description for fabric needs:
- Rotary cutter
- Cutting Mat
- Sewing Machine
- Quilting Ruler. I like this one LINK
- Iron- link to my iron
- Fabric 1 is the center of the star, working your way out to fabric 15 at the tips of the star.
- FABRIC 1: 2” x width of fabric (1 strip)
- FABRIC 2: 4” x width of fabric (2 strips)
- FABRIC 3: 6” x width of fabric (3 strips)
- FABRIC 4: 8” x width of fabric (4 strips)
- FABRIC 5: 10” x width of fabric (5 strips)
- FABRIC 6: 12” x width of fabric (6 strips)
- FABRIC 7: 14” x width of fabric (7 strips)
- FABRIC 8: 16” x width of fabric (8 strips)
- FABRIC 9: 14” x width of fabric (7 strips)
- FABRIC 10: 12” x width of fabric (6 strips)
- FABRIC 11: 10” x width of fabric (5 strips)
- FABRIC 12: 8” x width of fabric (4 strips)
- FABRIC 13: 6” x width of fabric (3 strips)
- FABRIC 14: 4” x width of fabric (2 strips)
- FABRIC 15: 2” x width of fabric (1 strip)
- GHOST FLOWERS: CENTER + PETALS: 1.5 yrds
- “LINING” of PETALS: 1yrd
- BACKGROUND FABRIC: 3yrds
- BACKING FABRIC: 5 yrds
Also here is a link to the binding method I use. This video has really annoying music and I recommend watching on 2x speed. Maybe Ill make my own video one day. But this does a good job explaining so it will do.
If there are any techniques you do not know they are all easy to youtube which is also how I learned how to quilt.
** I am very much still work in progress with this quilt- Ill put the final quilt in the images when it is ready. For now I just have progress pics.