ADULT EYES SWEATER PATTERN
Beginning with a tubular cast on, this sweater is knit from the bottom up. The sleeves and neck rib are grown on to allow for more opportunities to check your fit. The pattern is written with the sweater pattern separate from the eyes pattern so that you may use the sweater pattern as a base for any other color work or solid mock neck sweater.
This sweater is boxy- vintage fit that draws in at the waist / bottom rib. It features a mock neck. The sizes are XS (S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL). The sample pictured is a Medium.
The Chest measurements by size: 17 (19, 21, 23, 25, 27, 29)" and I will ALWAYS AND FOR FREE grade the pattern up or down so that it will fit YOU.
- 1120 (1200, 1310, 1380, 1500, 1620, 1770) yards, or 4 (4, 5, 5, 5, 6, 6) skeins of main color- Cashmere for the People “Cashgora” Sport Weight. The sample is made in colorway “Tabac” (100g is approximately 300 yards)
- 1 skein for white of the eyes- Cashmere for the People “Cashgora” Sport Weight. The sample is made in colorway “Pamirs” (100g is approximately 300 yards)
- 1 partial skein for the Iris- this is a good stash buster! Approximately 200 yards needed. The sample is made with Wonderland Yarns “Mary Ann” base (475 yrds 85% merino 15% nylon) in color Blimey #96
- 1 partial skein for the pupil of the eye- this is also a great stash buster, less than 100 yards needed. The sample is made in colorway “Stonemason” (100g is approximately 300 yards)
NEEDLES AND NOTIONS
US 5, 24-inch circular needles
US 5, 16-inch circular needles
A set of US 2 double pointed needles
Stitch holders or scrap yarn
- Latch Tool for tucking in ends (I like to use knitting machine needles).
Special thanks to Dawn Catanzaro for editing the math and grading
EDIT 7/16 : Last instruction for the back wearers right shoulder slope is updated to “Next Row RS: Bind off 23 (29, 35, 38, 42, 47, 53)sts using a standard, non
stretchy bind off.”