SUMMER TANK PATTERN
Summer knitting in cotton! Beginning at the back neck, the tank is knit top down. This is a great style for perfecting brioche as it is knit partially flat and partially in the round. The neck and shoulders are narrow and the underarm is a bit dropped for a breezy summer fit. All trims are knit on for minimal finishing. All DEGEN garments are designed to be adapted so I recommend to block and fit as you go and think about what bottoms / dresses you might want to style with so you can achieve the perfect length.
Fit notes: This tank is a breezy piece warn alone or over tighter under garments. It is trim and fitted at the neck with narrow shoulders and low armholes for maximum airflow. The sizes are XS (S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL) Please see the fit chart below.
- Finished Chest Width 15.5 (17, 18.5, 20, 21.5, 23, 24.5)”
- Finished Body Length from Bottom Edge to Underarm: 7 (7.5, 8, 8.5, 9, 9.5, 9.5)“ but please make your sweater the length that you want it!
- Finished Body Length from Bottom Edge to Top of Shoulder: 17 (18, 19, 20, 20.5, 21, 22)”
HERE IS A LINK to a try on video
- 3 (3, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6) skeins of Hu Made Watercolor Cotton DK
NEEDLES AND NOTIONS
- 24” US7 circular needles
- 16” US5 circular needles
- tapestry needle / crochet hook for finishing
- Stitch holders or scrap yarn
- Stitch markers
Special thanks to Dawn Catanzaro for editing the math and grading
11.13.21: There was an error on the neckline join row which needs to happen on a WS row. This has been corrected in the pattern